Rainwater is a heavenly blessing and is a vital part of the water cycle. On an average, 120 litres of water are consumed per day per person in Germany. Out of this only around 5 litres are used in food and drinks. The large part of this per day consumption is used for bathing, cleaning, and in the kitchen. Only for toilet flushing 35-40 litres are used and this includes at most of the times clean drinking water. With rainwater harvesting we can conserve our drinking water resource while at the same time utilizing clean and free of cost rainwater. The potential for conserving drinking water is especially high in case of public institutions where drinking water is used for sanitary purposes.
Benefits of rainwater harvesting
Ecological benefits for the community
- With the use of rainwater, the groundwater levels are maintained at a higher level.
- With rainwater harvesting, sewers will be relieved of the excess flow during rains.
- With rainwater harvesting, we protect our precious water resources and also aid the natural water cycle.
- Even if at the moment we do not face a water crisis in Germany, this step would definitely be a step towards sustainable use of our water resources.
Financial benefits for public institutions
- For every m3 of rainwater used instead of tap water, approximately 1.77 € are saved.
- By rainwater harvesting, 0.73 € per m2 of paved land can be saved by preventing it from getting into the sewerage system.
What role does NourEnergy play?
- NourEnergy advises public institutions in the field of rainwater harvesting and also undertakes the necessary calculations required for the installations.
- For every project we do the cost benefit analysis and help the institutions decide which rainwater harvesting technology is beneficial to them.